Fastcompany.com shared some wonderful advice from entrepreneurs that have built successful technology companies. Here are they are:
- Avoid the risk of not trying and the regret of wishing you had.
- Spend wisely early in life so you can achieve the financial independence to follow your dreams.
- Surround yourself with great people and be fearless in pursuit of game-changing ideas.
- Realize the power of simplicity.
- Focus on what makes you truly happy.
- Work as hard as you can, and then work harder.
- Take the time to listen.
- Surround yourself with leaders in your field.
These principles have great application as a dentist. Go for your vision and save your money for building your business. Build a great dental team and board of advisers. Keep it simple. Work hard, but enjoy what you do/have fun! (See my 5 Steps In Creating Peak Performance – mentioned in my eBook).
Be humble and listen.
And lastly, surround yourself with the best in your field by joining mastermind groups, group coaching programs, and seminars! Interact!