All-Star Dental Academy Founder and CEO Alex Nottingham JD MBA speaks with Pain Free Dental Marketing’s Eric Hubbard.
Welcome to the Dental All-Stars Podcast! Today, we are pleased to welcome Eric Hubbard, the founder of Pain-Free Dental Marketing and a veteran marketing expert who’s worked with Fortune 300 companies such as Procter & Gamble and marketing Silicon Valley’s most influential companies.
In this episode, Alex and Eric will discuss the four pillars of culture that have enabled his team to grow to over twenty employees and 120 plus clients and how he and his partner Andre continue to foster this culture. Eric will also discuss the importance of balancing revenue with culture objectives, what to do when a patient doesn’t fit your culture, and how you can make an impact in just one day.
Get ready to be inspired to create a culture that inspires and empowers your team.
[00:15] Introducing today’s topic and our guest
[04:35] Eric’s culture document and how he got to it
[06:20] The 4 pillars of culture
#1: Surprise and delight clients
#2: Care for the team and teamwork
#3: Compassionate capitalism
#4: Strive to be better
[10:43] What if a patient doesn’t fit in your culture?
[12:33] How to cultivate a culture with your team
[16:04] A research on how culture impacts the front desk
[18:48] The magic behind live events and culture: Eric’s experiences
[23:00] How to balance revenue with culture objectives
[27:37] What to do tomorrow to improve office culture
- Culture is important to me, from not just who I want to be as a human being and what I aspire, to who I want to be around. I think there are financial Implications to having a good culture.
- Culture is one of those things that makes them not a commodity.
- I think the customer can be first, but if you put the team first, they’ll put the customer first automatically.
- I don’t know how you can expect a young woman working at a front desk to be excited about patients, to be excited about new patient calls, to be excited about greeting people when they come in if her personal life is not trending well.
- Employee-driven events right now are by far the most successful events we have in the practice.
- When you take your team to an event, you’re demonstrating a couple of things. You’re saying that “you’re worth investing in.”
- Spend purposeful time with your team, and try to get to know the human. And don’t talk about work.
- No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention: Hastings, Reed, Meyer, Erin
- Culture Built My Brand: The Secret to Winning More Customers Through Company Culture: Mark Miller, Ted Vaughn
- Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service: Blanchard, Kenneth, Bowles, Sheldon, Adamson, Rick, Borges, Kate, Mollard, John
About Pain Free Dental Marketing
Our Digital Marketing Agency For Dentists began with one question from a curious dentist: “What are you working on?” While waiting in a chair for his annual exam, Eric was on his laptop, wrapping up a digital marketing strategy for a Fortune 300 company. A conversation ensued, resulting in the dentist asking Eric another question; “How can I get this for my practice?”
Eric, Andre, and their team successfully applied the same methodologies they used for large marketing companies to quickly grow the practice. The dentist was ecstatic and happily referred us to all of his dentist friends. We knew we had something special and began to grow the team in order to make sure all of our clients achieved similar results through a high level of service. Our dental marketing agency was born.
Alex Nottingham JD MBA
Alex is the CEO and Founder of All-Star Dental Academy®. He has authored the dental practice game-changer book “Dental Practice Excellence” and co-wrote a bestselling book with Brian Tracy. Alex has shared the stage with Michael Gerber (the author of “The E–Myth Revisited”), and lectures nationally and internationally to prestigious dental organizations. He is a former Tony Robbins top coach and consultant, having worked with companies upwards of $100 million. His passion is to help others create personal wealth and make a positive impact on the people around them. Alex received his Juris Doctor (JD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Florida International University.