Welcome to Dental All-Stars Podcast. Today’s guests are Eric Hubbard and Andre Santos, the co-founders of Pain-Free Dental Marketing. Eric brings a wealth of strategic marketing experience from his time in the Fortune 300, while Andre has developed a career in marketing built on a software engineering background. The pair have already provided marketing services to hundreds of dental practices across the globe, utilizing the same methods they employ with their large business clients to help dentists grow their practices.
Tune in to hear Eric and Andre discuss why you need marketing, differentiating it from advertising and avoiding the ‘pay and pray’ approach. They will also examine the latest trends in digital marketing, such as TikTok, YouTube, and YouTube Shorts, and provide you with one actionable tip for your dental practice that you can implement immediately.
- [00:15] Introducing today’s guests
- [01:58] How do you know that marketing is right for you?
- [04:06] The two factors that go into the success of marketing
- [06:55] Investing in a culture development for efficient marketing
- [08:41] The “Pay and Pray” concept
- [12:44] Some common problems in marketing and advertising in dentistry
- [20:38] Current marketing trends and how to utilize them
- [24:15] The power of YouTube shorts
- [27:35] Work with people that know what they’re doing
- [29:48] The All-Star Dental Academy Practice Growth Summit: What Andre and Eric will be speaking about
- [32:10] One tip to put into play tomorrow for marketing your dental practice
- No amount of marketing will work if your phones aren’t being answered well. – Andre Santos
- Marketing is much more about playing poker, making sure you have a good team and you’re consistent, and making sure you’re surrounding yourself with the culture and the operations. – Eric Hubbard
- If you just want to hire a marketing company to go do some work and get a report once a month, I think there are some great companies out there. We’re just not for. – Eric Hubbard
- If you try to please everyone, you end up appealing to no one. – Andre Santos
- The more you discount your dentistry, the more you cheapen your product and your brand, and the more difficult you’ll be in acquiring the higher-end treatments. – Eric Hubbard
- T the biggest change between two years ago and today is that the offices and the dentists need to be comfortable with creating content with their marketing team. – Eric Hubbard
- Before you spend any money on marketing companies or anything like that, go hire a photographer, even if it’s your family photographer, to get some pictures of you. Get some pictures of your team and pictures of you in the office, and put those things on your website. Put those things on your social media. Andre Santos
- Connect with Eric and Andre: painfreedentalmarketing.com
About Pain-Free Dental Marketing
Our Digital Marketing Agency For Dentists began with one question from a curious dentist: “What are you working on?” While waiting in a chair for his annual exam, Eric was on his laptop, wrapping up a digital marketing strategy for a Fortune 300 company. A conversation ensued, resulting in the dentist asking Eric another question; “How can I get this for my practice?”
Eric, Andre, and their team successfully applied the same methodologies they used for large marketing companies to quickly grow the practice. The dentist was ecstatic and happily referred us to all of his dentist friends. We knew we had something special and began to grow the team in order to make sure all of our clients achieved similar results through a high level of service. Our dental marketing agency was born.
Alex Nottingham JD MBA
Alex is the CEO and Founder of All-Star Dental Academy®. He has authored the dental practice game-changer book “Dental Practice Excellence” and co-wrote a bestselling book with Brian Tracy. Alex has shared the stage with Michael Gerber (the author of “The E–Myth Revisited”), and lectures nationally and internationally to prestigious dental organizations. He is a former Tony Robbins top coach and consultant, having worked with companies upwards of $100 million. His passion is to help others create personal wealth and make a positive impact on the people around them. Alex received his Juris Doctor (JD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Florida International University.